Friday, June 1, 2012

On Teachers' Day











I wrote a poem for you,
To you, my dear, to you.
How I feel may not be as important,
But this', a heartfelt makes me impotent.  

I trembled walking towards our class,
My mistake peeking the other class,
Yes, my heart dropped, but I kept cool,
It's Teachers' Day, so let's be cool.

The food on the table made me cry,
How disappointing you didn't try,
Your stomach grumbled like a hungry fly,
You and your excuses were one fat lie.

Again, you belched a prayer that made me cry,
I prayed I could be more grateful, I should try, 
At least be thankful for the cake you baked, 
Before it made you all creamed up and caked.  

You ran, and jumped, and screamed,
Sprinkling sparkles in colour pink, 
I sat, and watched, and dreamed,
Of hyenas, angels in-sync.

Making cheer to distract the stress,
Yet discomfort only I was, 
My distress you strongly felt,
Yet bemusing me with doubt.  

Today is a happy day,
A day not to remember,
Left me sleepless in three days, 
Gloomy nights I would refer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment